Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Love, Vintage China and Classical Tents

I'm pretty fortunate to work with some of the people I do (definitely a perk when you work for yourself!), as most of them become my friends.  And as I get to know each one, I really try to soak up as much as I can about their businesses.  I don't know if it's that I have a genuine interest in the type of work each one does, or if that just comes as a natural part of building relationships, but either way, I know it's a crucial part of creating marketing campaigns, helping with branding and so on.

And so it is with the crew at Classical Tents.  Last year, owner Katherine Lockridge decided that she wanted to build a rental line of mismatched vintage china.  It seems like we're really seeing a trend of country, rustic chic weddings, and they go particularly well in our beautiful Berkshires.  So my first assignment was to become a vintage china scout (yes, that's right...I HAD to go to estate sales, tag sales, antiques auctions, Brimfield...it was just awful...wink, wink).  We had so much fun creating a collection and were like kids on Christmas each time we went through a new box of goodies!  

Next came the assignment to photograph some of the pieces, which meant setting up my dining room as if I were preparing for a party.  Now those of you who know me, know that photography AND party planning are two more of my faves (so in other words, this whole vintage china thing was NOT something that killed me to do!), so this task was a lot of fun, and I think the results were positive, too.  And then today, after last month completing the flier announcing this new line, I decided to put together this fun little montage of love, country weddings and fabulous place settings...starring none other than the Classical Tents' new show-stoppers!  So while I head out to check out a new antique store (and have lunch...I'm starving!), why don't you enjoy this little video, below?

'Til next time...!




No comments:

Post a Comment