Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Learning curves for a PR consultant

So, it's funny.  When I'm writing blogs for my clients (view one here), it just seems to come naturally...I could go on and on about all the cool stuff that they have going on.  Same goes for the marketing and design aspects...I'm so "outside-the-box" with the fun, quirky ideas that I'm becoming known for.  But then I start focusing on my own business and it's like, "Um...what?"  Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I'm not SUPER excited about the work that I'm doing (I LOVE what I do!), but all my ideas tend to start swirling around in my head like a destructive tornado and I start thinking, "I'd really like an Oreo and a glass of wine...together...right now."  Good thing this doesn't usually happen early in the morning!  LOL

Okay, so with all that being said, I've decided that I need to break down my "Luxe-ness" into categories, but I want your input (a little bit later...I'll give you the signal).  Since the Berkshires really is an amazing place to live (don't just take my word for it, Smithsonian Mag thinks so too, apparently!) I think I need to discuss the best of everything.  So here are my categories: Arts, Dining, Shopping (this will be home decor and clothing...although more home decor, because I don't think my Virginia Tech sweatshirts--though completely awesome--exude the whole "luxe" appeal), Antiques, Wedding/Event Venues, Lodging and maybe even People.  Oh, and probably something for pets, since I'm beginning to think I may have a hoarding problem.

So now, this is where I'd like your input.  Do you want to wake up every morning and wonder, "What category will Tara discuss today?"  Or should I do something like Twitter's "Travel Tuesday" (or #TT), "Wedding Wednesday" (#WW) and so on? (I haven't figured out what the other days are supposed to be, and truthfully, I thought Wednesdays were about Weight Watchers for the longest time...)

Let me know your thoughts!  I know right now, no one really knows about this blog yet, so I'll probably just hear from my mom, sister or maybe cousin.  But that's okay...you guys count, too! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment